What is Chiropractic?
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, and diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease”—Thomas Edison
Chiropractic is the largest drugless natural healing profession in the world. The nervous system (brain and spinal cord) send millions of instructions down the spinal column and out to every organ and tissue. Signals sent back to the brain verify the body’s state of health. Bulging discs or pressure on spinal nerves from mechanical irritation, chemical irritation and emotional reactions cause an interruption of the nerve pathways. Chiropractic care is used most often to treat neuromusculoskeletal complaints, including but not limited to back pain, neck pain, pain in the joints of the arms or legs, and headaches.
A chiropractic adjustment restores proper nerve flow and allows feedback from every cell of our body. A spinal examination by a doctor of chiropractic may detect a “subluxation” before any warning signs appear. Adjustments are remarkably safe and a unique care plan is designed for each patient.
The chiropractic scope of practice includes but is not limited to: utilizing manipulative procedures, nutritional supplementation, kinesiology, acupuncture, and other rehabilitative procedures to aid and restoring health.
● The body’s self-healing and self-regulating capacities are affected by and integrated through the nervous system.
● Optimal nutrition is essential to maintain good health.
● Physical and mental exercises are key elements for a state of wellness.
● Human relationships are a valued component of optimal human health.
● Natural means should be used wherever possible to advance a state of wellness.